What is the best Mudra for headache? 5 benefits of Mudra
Is there any Mudra for headache? Which can help and do you spend a lot of money for medication? According to statistics, an average American spends $ 1,200 on medication annually. Moreover, a considerable part of the cash goes to the pain killer, a shocking revelation. That has seen drug companies pumping a lot of money into the market to meet the demand. Also, insurance firms have not been left out as they also want a piece of the pie.
This begs the question; how much do you spend on pain medications a month? On average, you could spend between $5 to $6,660, depending on the treatment. This could be because of a migraine or headache. In most cases, you would rush into the pharmacy and buy a pain killer to take care of the headaches.
Well, it’s okay to purchase the drugs, but there is an alternative to treating your headaches. That’s through Mudra!.
This article will discuss some of the health benefits that come with yoga (Mudra for headaches) besides treating headaches. Not forgetting ways, you can practice it comfortably. So let’s jump right in and discover the magic Mahasirs Mudra. And Mahasirs Mudra is the best Mudra to help to reduce headaches.
What is the meaning of Mahasirs Mudra?
The word Mahasirs Mudra is made up of three terms. That is “Maha,” which means “great,” Sirs meaning “head,” and Mudra meaning “seal.” The practice originated from Hinduism, in which Mudra is a ritual gesture pose.
Therefore, the Mudra posture was used during ceremonies and dances by Hindus. However, art has evolved, and today it is being used as a yoga technique. Yoga Mudra for headache usually involves the whole body but, most of the activities involve the hand and fingers.
The same applies to yoga, though with a slight twist since you’ll use your hands and fingers instead of the whole body. So whether you have tensions or aches in your head region, Mudra has got you covered. It is effective in relieving pain, and you will be back to shape within no time.
How to do Mahasirs Mudra for headache relief?
Performing Mudra for headache yoga is an art that takes a few minutes to master. In this section, we’re going to guide you on how to do it to relieve yourself. Its vital to remember the routine should be done for six minutes and then relax afterward. Here are the steps to follow:
- The first step is sitting down on a chair, ensure you are in a comfortable meditative position.
- Once seated, take a deep breath in and exhale. This should be done while loosening your shoulders and relaxing the entire body.
- At the same time, while facing your palms, facing up, your hands are to be placed on your thighs. In the process, you are expected to bring the tips of the middle, index, and thumb fingers together. Once this is done, point them in an upward position.
- The next step is folding the ring finger, which forms a ring on your thumb base. While at it, extend your little finger to face the ceiling. Always remember the same procedure should be done on both hands.
- At this point, you have both hands forming the gesture, inhale and exhale slowly.
- This mudra has been used as a “prescription” for migraines in Ayurveda ~ as well as for melting away other tension in the body.
Benefits of Mudra for headache
Besides the posture helping relieve headaches and migraines, there are other health benefits you stand to enjoy. They include:
- Building concentration
Mudra helps your mind, body, and soul reach a meditative state. That, in turn, allows you to focus by inducing clarity of your mind. This makes you productive and efficient while at work.
- Curing Sinus problems
It’s a disorder that occurs when the space inside your nose and the head are swollen(A typical sinus headache symptom is your headaches, if you bend down your head, pick something, etc.). The inflammation can persist for three months or even longer, despite treatment. Though Ayurveda seems o disagree with this. According to him, the imbalance between Kapha and Vata is what causes the inflammation. What mudra yoga does is getting rid of mucus which restores balance. That’s how one gets rid of the inflammation. And you should do this mudra for migraine.
Another option for the sinus problem(Please do check with a doctor before you do this): Take a clean cup, fill it half with clean drinking water. Slowly snort it into your nose and then spit it out of your mouth. Do this once a week, and you will clean your sinuses.
- Reducing eye strain
Stress is one of the leading causes of eye strain. What Mahasirs Mudra does is relax your brain and nerves towards your eyes. This, in turn, helps with relieving stress, thus reducing eye strain. A combination of gesture and meditation helps a lot.
- Reducing temporomandibular joint disorder
This is a disorder associated with dissociated with sliding of jaw hinges. The hinge is what connects your jaw and skull, and if dislocated, it causes pain. Mahasirs Mudra helps with mitigating the joint disorder. It reduces tension built up around the face, jaw, eyes, which results in headaches. Hence you won’t be experiencing any pain while meditating.
Mahasirs Mudra is the best headache mudra!
Tips to avoid headaches
- Dehydration is a significant vital cause of headaches, especially in summer. Drink plenty of water and be well hydrated.
- You should avoid exposure of the bare head to the sun from 12 noon to 3:30 PM.
- Wear photochromatic sunglasses after consulting an opthalmologist.
This Mudra for headache is the best way to relieve pain without spending a dime. All you need is a quiet place and time to assume the posture. The yoga should be done for six minutes before taking a break. If you do the yoga as instructed, you will notice the pain relief and your body relax. Hence there is no need for popping painkillers just get a comfortable chair and begin meditating. Also, you can check 10 Tips To Help Your Daily Yoga Practice